Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy Holidays!

Heavens to Betsy!! I can’t believe that it’s December already.  That means it’s been 6 months since I’ve had an entry for our blog. FAIL! I’ll try to be better about updating it in the future!

There’s a few things I need to catch you up on! In my last entry I talked about our vacation to California that we were about to take. I mentioned that I would be writing my biography while we were down there. Although I did start writing it I didn’t get anywhere close to finishing it during the 6 days we were away. It actually took a second vacation for me to complete my biography.  Jeremiah and I, Jeremiah’s parents, (Phil & Deb) and Dave & Keri all went on a family vacation to Victoria Canada in September. I had put off finishing my biography long enough and I was determined to finish it while we were there. So I did! Writing my life story proved to be harder than I thought it would be. There were a lot of issues that had to be addressed and they weren’t pleasant for me to think or write about.  However I feel like the timing couldn’t have been better for me. I was ready to face these things. I have spent so many years convincing myself that my childhood was wonderful and my family was perfect. To come to the conclusion that neither of those things are true was very hard for me. If someone had tried to tell me otherwise a year ago I would have become very defensive and argumentative.  Jeremiah has been very patient and helpful in working through this with me. Being on the outside and looking into my family he was able to see the dysfunction very clearly but I was blind to it.

I wonder sometimes what my life would look like if any of the crazy events from my past had never happened or if I had realized any sooner how dysfunctional things really were. I find it hard to believe I would have ended up where I am today. So is there anything I would change if I could? Absolutely not.  All of the things I’ve been through have brought me here to this very moment in my life and I can’t fathom my life without Jeremiah, my incredible sisters or the community of family and friends that surround me right now. I am so grateful for what I’ve been through because it’s made me a stronger person and it’s brought me closer to the people who mean the most to me.

We met with our Adoption Attorney, Mark Iverson, on Tuesday this week. It was a short and sweet meeting but we know what our next steps are at this point.
1.     We need to write a “Birthmother Letter”.
It is basically what it sounds like. A letter from us to the potential birthmother of the baby we would be adopting. We’ll post it on here when we’re finished with it. Hopefully in the next week!
2.     We need to spread the word to everyone we know that we are looking to adopt!
We have been recommended as adoptive parents by Ruth Moe and have been given the green light to advertise!  So if you know of anyone or have a friend who knows of someone who is considering adoption as an option for them please let us know. They can either contact us or Mark Iverson.
Here’s some contact information for him.
Email: mriverson@earthlink.net  Phone: (509)462-3678
Thank you all for thinking of us! We are so excited to open our home to a baby that needs one!

In other news… After we came back from our vacation to California in June I became a full time photographer.  This was very exciting for me! I have had a very busy and successful first year with my photography business. I now have a facebook page and update it quite often with photos from my most recent photo shoots.  You can check it out at http://www.facebook.com/danielledupeyphotography

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment